Tuesday 12 January 2016

Chapter 17 - "The Way to Nowhere" - preceding chapters may be accessed from the Archives on the right. Click on 2015, and then at the bottom of the page click on "Other Posts".



Chapter 17

The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced

Jacobus Johannes Leeuw


Journey to the East

In 1979 I was invited to a party and met Helen, a lively and sensitive girl who worked at Helston library and we used to take long walks on the Cornish cliffs. She was also interested in poetry and wrote a poem for me which I replied to poetically in a similar vein. She also introduced me to the works of the Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda (not his real name) including the Captain's Verses, from which comes this tantalizing sentiment:

“I want to do with you what Spring does with the cherry trees”



Flirting with Creation                       1979

Yes, I hear the child in you
calling to the child in me ......


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D0KACX6?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660


No comments:

Post a Comment