Friday 13 November 2015

Chapter 1 - You will find the previous posting (Introduction) in the archive, to the right



Chapter 1


I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware

Early Years

I was born in Yorkshire during the war and was given the name Alan and my birth certificate was issued in accordance with the rules, which made me a “person”, officially. But later I came to realise that I am not really a person. The fact is that at an early age in our lives we construct a persona which we think of as “me”, also known as the ego, the psyche or the self. Then thought enters in and believes that this is “who we are”. Who we are is actually not who we think we are and thought gets in the way. The brain is a beautiful and intricate biological machine but it is not inherently intelligence. It tunes itself into intelligence and this gift of intelligence is provided by universal consciousness in which all matter and all energy reside. It was only later in life that I learned about “stopping the world” and dropping the “internal dialogue”, erasing one's personal history and losing one's self-importance. But these matters are the subjects of a later chapter and I will begin by describing my early childhood.

One of my earliest memories is, at a young age, standing in the bedroom of my house in Rotherham, dressed in pyjamas and a red dressing gown with red plastic buttons, with bombs falling from the sky.....................................

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D0KACX6?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660


 

No comments:

Post a Comment